Larson-Juhl is honored to have earned certifications from three of the world's most respected third-party certification organizations! Read below to learn more about each of these certifications and which Larson-Juhl products have earned the "forest-friendly" distinction.
FSC® - (Forest Stewardship Council™)
an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. The FSC label provides a credible link between responsible production and consumption of forest products, enabling consumers and businesses to make purchasing decisions that benefit people and the environment as well as providing ongoing business value. FSC is currently the most well-known certification system.
Larson-Juhl features a wide selection of FSC certified matboards that can also earn "points" on LEED certified projects. Please click here to see Larson-Juhl's matboard selections.
(Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes)
is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization, which promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third-party certification. The PEFC provides an assurance mechanism to purchasers of wood and paper products that they are promoting the sustainable management of forests. PEFC is currently the largest certification system.
A number of Larson-Juhl custom frame mouldings have earned PEFC certification click here to see all available PEFC certified frames.
(Sustainable Forestry Initiative®)
an independent, non-profit organization responsible for maintaining, overseeing and improving a sustainable forestry certification program that is internationally recognized. With SFI®, consumers can be confident they are buying wood or paper from well-managed, legal sources.
Which Larson-Juhl facilities are certified?
- Lira (Czech Republic)FSC Certified (FSC® FSC-089409), PEFC Certificate Code: 209/COC/2011 License Code: PEFC/08-35-0016
- Arcobalegno (Italy) FSC Certified (FSC® FSC-C044113), PEFC Certificate Code: ICILA-COCPEFC-081 License Code: PEFC/18-31-96
- Senelar (France) FSC Certified (FSC® FSC-C019502), PEFC Certificate Code: CTIB-TCHN 834 License Code: PEFC/10-31-1541
- Ashland, Wisconsin (US) FSC Certified (FSC® C005082), PEFC, & SFI certified.
- North American Distribution
FSC Certified (FSC® C005082) & PEFC/SFI (PwC-PEFC-352) certified.
- Tranaslist(Sweden) FSC® Certificate Code: SGS-COC-007283 License Code: FSC-C074412, PEFC Certificate Code: SGS-PEFC/COC-1067 License Code: PEFC/05-35-112
*Click on any of the bolded factory names above to learn details about what makes each of these locations eco-friendly.